Common Digestive Problems
Digestion is an important process in our overall health due to the absorption of nutrients — which our cells, tissues, and organs depend on to function fully. If we do not have proper elimination of waste, we can develop toxic buildup in our intestines which can create digestive health problems. If you are experiencing digestive problems, Dragonfly 360 Yoga & Wellness in Indianapolis can help. Contact us at (317) 344-9840 today.
Signs of a Digestion Imbalance
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, you may have a digestion imbalance:
- Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Holistic Offerings for Digestive Issues
At Dragonfly 360, Dr. Melanie uses holistic, naturopathic healing methods to help with a wide variety of health issues — including digestive issues, as well as chronic fatigue, sleep issues, endocrine system issues, weight loss, allergies, and more. Common holistic offerings used for digestive issues at Dragonfly 360 include:
Personalized Balanced Diet
A balanced diet provides the body with vitamins, proteins, and fats that are essential to digestion as well as overall health. Everyone is different, and Dr. Melanie uses a series of surveys to determine your metabolic type to find the right diet for you.Learn More
Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Using Quantum Reflex Analysis (QRA), we can recommend the optimal herbal and homeopathic remedies to support your digestion.
- Basil — Can be made into a tea by mixing one ounce basil leaves with a pint of water and simmering for twenty minutes.
- Ginger — Can be made into a tea by grating one ounce of fresh ginger and simmering ten minutes in a pint of water. Ginger should always be added to meat since it aids digestion of the meat.
- Dill — An infusion of dill can be taken three times a day for upset stomach. An infusion can be made by placing one ounce of dill in a pint of boiling water and steeping in an air tight container.
- Dandelion Root — Drink one half cup of the infusion every half hour until relief is attained. Can also be taken as a tincture.
- Slippery Elm — Can be taken as a tea.
- Calamus Root — This herb is an invaluable remedy for stomach acid. This herb can be taken as a tea or infusion.
- Arsenicum — May be indicated when there is abdominal burning and great thirst.
- Nux Vomica — For pain that is worse after eating.
Essential oils are the distilled essence of plants and herbs. They are very potent and provide many therapeutic benefits. Various essential oils may be applied to acupressure points on the feet or back to support your gastrointestinal system.Learn More
It’s Time to Improve Your Digestive Health
At Dragonfly 360, Dr. Melanie can teach you the practices and techniques that you can use anywhere to better your digestive issues, stress levels, and health in general. We also offer a wide range of therapeutic yoga classes and styles for all levels of yoga experience. If you live in Indianapolis, Carmel, or the surrounding areas, visit our convenient location, or call (317) 344-9840 to learn more.