Naturopathic Alternative Medicine
Naturopathic doctors believe in the healing power of nature and that by supporting the body naturally, it can heal itself. Naturopathic medicine treats each person as an individual and offers primary holistic prevention while treating the root cause of illnesses or serious chronic disease. At Dragonfly 360 Yoga & Wellness in Indianapolis, Dr. Melanie MacLaren utilizes alternative medicine and naturopathic solutions to help clients manage their health. To learn more or schedule an appointment, contact us today at (317) 344-9840.
Holistic Medicine and Healing Techniques
If you are having health issues, Dragonfly 360 can help you discover the benefits of alternative medicine and natural healing techniques. As a naturopathic doctor, Dr. Melanie uses natural remedies and treatments such as:
- Herbal and vitamin treatments
- Homeopathic remedies
- Chronic stress management
- Aromatherapy with therapeutic grade essential oils
- NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques)
- Electrodermal Screening
- Therapeutic yoga
- Nutritional consulting
Expert Lab Analysis
Dr. Melanie can review current labs from a holistic point of view. Dr. Melanie may order additional lab work to fill in missing pieces of information that may have been missed by previous lab testing. Typically health insurance can be used for lab work. Labs ordered may include:
- Micronutrient Testing- This test will assess both celluar and serum levels of micronutrient status. By assessing what nutrients are available in the blood and what is actually getting into the cell Dr. Melanie determines the underlying causes of chronic issues. i.e. Certain patterns in deficiencies may point to adrenal fatigue, blood sugar imbalances, digestive issues or detoxification issues.
- Hormones: Thyroid, adrenal, sex hormones. These may be tested using blood or saliva testing.
- Environmental & Food Allergy as well as Food Sensitivity Testing. These tests can help refine the NAET protocol.
- Stool Testing for bacterial imbalances, parasites or candidiasis.
- Neurotransmitter testing via 24 hour urine collection.
- OAT (organic acid test) via urine collection.
Learn More About Natural Medicine
Whether you are familiar with alternative medicine or just getting introduced, Dragonfly 360 can help you learn more about which techniques and natural remedies will provide the most benefit for your unique situation. Contact us at (317) 344-9840 to discover if naturopathic or homeopathic medicine is the solution you have been looking for. We proudly serve Indianapolis, Carmel, and nearby areas.