Whenever ailments pop up, essential oils can help. From upset tummy to grogginess, there is an essential oil or blend of oils you can use. Here are our top 10 essential oils for every day uses.
For your skin: Calm Skin Dropps
- Soothing relief for dry, itchy, patchy skin while gently bringing skin back to its natural balance.
- Application: apply to affected area 2-3 times per day. If dry, use olive oil, shea or a healing salve after application.
- Use daily for 1-3 months to help balance ongoing itching, irritation, flaking or redness.
- A gentle and effective remedy for children and elderly folks.
For a tummy ache: Digestive Massage Tonic
- Naturally soothe abdominal tension, discomfort and occasional constipation.
- Application: Moving across the abdomen clockwise (right to left), massage 3-4 drops on abdomen in lotion or warmed olive oil before bed or as needed.
For mental fatigue: Mental Clarity
- Refresh and energize
- Soothe tense muscles, cool hot flashes, ease nausea or open the lungs for deeper breathing before exercise (great before yoga!).
- Inhalation: Place 3-5 drops on tissue or cloth andbreathe 5 deep breaths as needed.
- For a more intense Inhalation/Topical application: Rub 3-6 drops in palms of hands. Cup hands near nose and slowly inhale 5 deep long breaths. Vigorously rub excess oil on shoulders, neck, and head. Avoid eye contact. For children, use only 1 drop.
For stuffy nose: Sinus Formula
- Quickly opens the sinus cavity and supports normal respiration.
- Application: submerse Q-Tip into bottle and rub saturated Q-Tip up into inside of both nostrils. Can also be applied to bridge of nose or chest.
- Incredible formula to use before bed to control nighttime snoring.
- For Neti pot, add 2-4 drops per use.
For deep sleep: Lavender
- Reliable, safe, and great smelling.
- Gentle enough to be used “neat” or undiluted, directly on the skin.
- Diffuse for a deep sleep
For energy: Peppermint
- Opens up the lungs and veins, bringing more air in the lungs and more blood to the brain.
- Improves memory.
- Increases efficiency and productivity
- Great remedy for sleepiness, fatigue, mental doldrums, a hangover, and even to keep you alert while driving.
- On a hot summer day, Peppermint instantly cools the body down.
- Extremely beneficial for women in menopause during hot flushes.
- Can be irritating for some people when applied “neat”, or undiluted to the skin. To check your sensitivity, test 1 drop on the inner forearm.
- Used internally, 1 drop of Peppermint oil acts as a strong digestive tonic.
For itchy bug bites: Bug Bite Eraser
For bug spray: Bug Off! Bug Repellent
- Instead of harmful chemicals, try this to keep away those pesky bugs
- The CDC recognizes Eucalyptus Citriodora used in Bug Off! as effective as deep or other chemical repellants.
- Application: add 40-70 drops of concentrate to a 4 oz. spray bottle of water. Shake well and apply often, or mix 4 drops per tablespoon of lotion and apply as needed.
- Works as alternative for flea and tick repellant for dogs, too! But NOT on cats!
For a cough: Fir, Balsam
- Excellent decongestant.
- A great choice when you need respiratory support and to rid your space of germs.
- Anti-inflammatory properties that also make it a suitable choice for muscle aches.
- Application: use at a 1% dilution for any kind of topical application.
- Fresh, green needle aroma
- Stimulates the mind
- Respiratory support
For pleasure: Jasmine Perfume
- Intoxicating fragrance.
- Rich floral scent.
- Increases joy, heightens arousal, reduces fears and anxieties
- Skin care
- Mysterious seductive scent which can intoxicate the senses and lessen our inhibitions.