Liposomal Glutathione is an antioxidant formula that uses liposomal technology (more on that later) for delivery and absorption of nutrients to cells. Liposomal Glutathione may benefit those with insufficient amino acid status due to inadequate protein intake, digestive dysfunction, lifestyle factors or conditions affecting proper function of the stomach, pancreas, liver or small intestine.
Liposomal Glutathione is taken by mouth and held for 30 seconds before swallowing for most effective absorption. It is convenient for those who prefer to swallow fewer pills and tastes like lemon and peppermint.
Glutathione (GSH) is the single most protective antioxidant produced by the body and is therefore the most important one. Chronic illness as well as age depletes stores of GSH and inhibits its production.
Glutathione has amazing impacts upon your body such as:
- Protects cells against oxidative stress (the burden of free radicals caused by dietary and environmental factors that can result in age-related diseases, type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart attack and stroke).
- Protects DNA from damage.
- A highly affective detoxification tool to help the efficiency of organ functions and tissues throughout the body, especially in liver detox.
- Facilitates proper clearance for pharmaceutical drugs, heavy metals and other xenobiotics (such as antibiotics or any foreign substance not produced by the body).
- Supports immune function during viral infections.
- Crucial for energy production.
Liposomes are spheres made of phospholipids (the primary building blocks of cell membranes). Because of their structure, liposomes bond easily with cell membranes.
Liposomes are highly affective because they:
- Bypass the slow process of proteolytic degradation (breaking down protein in food to provide amino acids) in the GI tract.
- Survive the acidic environment of the stomach, ensuring intestinal uptake and delivery to the lymphatic system.
- Penetrate the blood-brain barrier, an obstacle for many other formulations.
- Circulate for a long period of time, increasing the likelihood of absorption at their target tissues.
- Increase the clearance of particles in the bloodstream.
- Absorb easily to deliver nutrients.
- Uniquely effective for reaching and interacting with target tissues.
An in vitro model of Parkinson’s disease using cultured rat neurons showed that liposomal GSH was 100 times more potent than non-liposomal GSH at restoring depleted glutathione levels inside the cells.
In a study of rabbits, oral pretreatment with liposomal glutathione was shown to reduce cardiac perfusion injury (when blood flow returns to tissue after a period of lack of oxygen), resulting in better recovery of left ventricular contractile function.
In humans, HIV-infected patients who supplemented with oral liposomal glutathione showed improved immune response against tuberculosis.
More information about oxidative stress: https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/supplements-remedies/stumped-by-oxidative-stress/