- Use of pesticides, herbicides and GMO’s
- Inferior diets fed to livestock
- Food processing
- Non-sustainable farming practices which over time depletes soil nutrients
Creating a well-rounded supplement program has become imperative to maintaining optimal health. A high quality, broad spectrum multi-vitamin can go a long way in replacing vital nutrients which likely are not being obtained from your diet.
Due to our current toxic load, it’s also a great idea to take an antioxidant. Some of these can be obtained in a multi-vitamin such as vitamins C & E but there are many other types. For maximum effect, find a supplement which provides a combination of things. PhytoMulti, contains a broad spectrum of plant based antioxidants such as resveratrol and green tea leaf extract. Antioxidants may increase energy and help prevent aging.
Keep in mind, though, that whatever you take makes little difference if your gut health is compromised. For this reason, a broad spectrum probiotic is a must and possibly digestive enzymes.
Lastly, you should address any other deficiencies which are specific to you and your genetic make-up. A great way to access this is with Spectracell’s Micronutrient testing which tests 34 different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Navigating the huge supplement market can be confusing and high quality products can seem unnecessarily expensive. Before you run out and stock your shelves you should:
1) Read my next blog “Why All Supplements Are Not Created Equal”
2) Make an appointment with our Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Melanie and ask her about getting your Micronutrients tested so you know what to incorporate into your diet and what you really need to be taking for your supplement program.
Contact us today to start your personalized program. Phone 317-818-1800